I’m not opposed to screen time and kids entertaining themselves. But, there is nothing like finding a fun toy that keeps mom and kids occupied while spending quality time together!
Last year I saw a Facebook ad pop up and I clicked it (ugh…they get me every time) for magnetic tiles. I had seen these toys before, but the name brand set is pretty expensive and you don’t get a lot of pieces. I decided to purchases a set to give my kids for Christmas. They were a hit! The kids loved building and coming up with cool designs. I soon ran into the problem of not having enough tiles. My kids started fighting over the pieces and they weren’t able to build very much before they ran out. I decided to check out good ‘ol Amazon and I found a set of Magnetic Building Blocks that have really worked for our family!
In comparing the Amazon’s Magnetic building blocks with the cheaper set from the Facebook ad, the Amazon set has WAY more tiles. The tiles are significantly bigger and seem to be a lot better quality. The set that I bought from Amazon is also an off brand, but it has good reviews. This set is a lot cheaper than the name brand magnetic tile blocks and it comes with a lot more tiles. Below are a few of the pros and cons I have found with our Magnetic Building Blocks:
1. My kids stay entertained for a long time
2. It is fun to build with the whole family
3. Fighting has decreases since there are a good amount of tiles in the set
4. The set included a cute bag for easy clean up
5. So far, the tiles are sturdy.
6. Set included a booklet showing ideas on different things we can create.
1. Since there are a lot of pieces, I still find pieces throughout the house.
2. Kids are kids and they still end up fighting over tiles at times.
3. Once you start building you don’t want to stop…I sometimes wish we had more, but know we probably shouldn’t!
Overall, we are big fan of these magnetic tiles. We love building “villages” and houses for the kids’ figurines. We have spent a lot of quality time building together. I love getting down on the floor with my kids and watching their imaginations at work. Feel free to check out the set we bought here.
Let us know what you like to do to spend some quality floor time with the family below!