Merry Christmas! The ladies here at Mommy Convos have compiled a list of our favorite family-friendly books to read during the holiday. And boy do we have a massive list for you!
Christmas is a wonderful season where we can celebrate different family traditions, sample a wide variety of foods and holiday treats, gather as friends to party the night away playing games or enjoy a quiet evening as a family to reading books or watch a holiday movie. Can’t wait to share with you our favorite captivating Christmas books your family would enjoy now.
For the entire book list- head here. Or, to read the reviews- look below!
~This post does contain affiliate links which help our little corner of the internet stay up and running. Thank you for your support!~
Tiffaynee’s Christmas Books:
Ever since Tiffaynee was little, every year she received a new Christmas book. Most of her siblings are grown and have families of our own, but we look forward to receiving that new story we get share with our kiddos. Now that Tiffaynee has accumulated quite a few stories, she wraps up each one and uses them as a little countdown to Christmas Eve where her kids get out a new story to read before bedtime. Her top must-reads are listed below:
1.) The Polar Express by: Chris Can Allsburg – A loved favorite of a boy’s magical adventure to the North Pole.
2.) The Elves and the Shoemaker by: Jacob Grimm & Jim LaMarche – A wonderful Grimm fairytale of kindness and generosity with gorgeous paintings from Jim LaMarche.
3.) The Tale of Three Trees: a Traditional Folktale by: David C. Cooke – Though this is more of an Easter story, we love reading it during the holidays. It’s a great way to help kids understand Christ’s sacrifice and love for us, and the significance of his earthly mission.
4.) I Believe In Santa Claus by Diane G. Adamson – This is one of my absolute favorite books, holiday related or not. This explains why it’s perfectly ok to believe in Santa and the reasons behind the time-honored symbols of Christmas as it reflects on the true meaning of the season.
5.) The Missing Christmas Treasure by: Gale Sears – A story of a little boy’s search for his beloved Christmas decoration and why it is the most important decoration of all.
6.) C is for Christmas by: Tonya Skousen Arenaz – The cutest ABC book you’ve ever read, hands down. It has the most beautiful illustrations too!
7.) Humphrey’s First Christmas by: Carol Heyer – The untold story of a camel named Humphrey as he journeys with the three wise men who search for the Baby Jesus. Another of our favorites.
8.) Asleep on the Hay: A Dustbowl Christmas by: Ben Sowards – A sweet story of family, charity, and sacrifice.
9.) The Very First Christmas by: Suzanne Berry – A Hallmark Recordable Story about the birth of Christ
10.) A Letter to Santa by: Gaby Goldstock -A short poetic story of a little boy’s excitement and dream to be visited by Santa Claus.
11.) The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore – A classic Christmas story of the jolly elf himself.
12.) Disney Christmas Storybook Collection by: Elle D. Risco &
13.) Katie the Candy Cane Fairy by: Thomas Nelson – A story of kindness and sharing between sisters as they learn about their talents and the true meaning of Christmas.
14.) The Christmas Train: A True Story by Thomas S. Monson – Pres. Monson recounts a Christmas story from his childhood and a valuable lesson he learned along the way.
15.) Maggie’s Miracle by: Karen Kingsbury – Now, this one is more for the mommies, but it is a beautiful story of love, hardship, loss, and fate. I have read this story nearly every year since I received it for Christmas. It is wonderful! If you haven’t read the other stories in the Red Gloves Collection they are brilliant: Gideon’s Gift & Sarah’s Song
Jennica’s family has three favorite Christmas books:
16. Llama Llama Holiday Drama is so cute I always want to read it twice and my kids are always obliged!
17. Merry Christmas Big Hungry Bear is just a cute little story, nothing fancy, but we like it!
18. Christmas in my Heart is sweet to put a little more meaning into lazy Christmas season moments you have to snuggle by the Christmas lights. We just got it a few weeks ago and have yet to finish it, but it just has some cute, heartwarming stories that are perfect for a little snuggle time this season. They are too complex for my kids, but great for adults.
Morgan’s favorite Christmas books:
Toddler Christmas Books to Enjoy
19. Dinosaur Vs Santa: The best part of this book is each page the reader can “roar” on each page. My goodness I discovered this darling book, and had no idea this was an entire series!
20. S is for Santa: Another favorite baby lit book with adorable illustrations plus learning the alphabet- double win!
21. Look Look, Baby- Christmas Point ‘n’ Match: My little man loves reading this oversized-book and pointing out all the characters throughout the book and finding Santa too.
22. Are You There Little Reindeer?: We are huge fans of the Usborne book series and this is such a fun book.
23. The ABC’s of Christmas: adorable illustrations plus learning the alphabet- double win!
24. Silent Night: My toddler loves that this musical book and I love that there is a button you can turn off. 😉
24. The Nutcracker: Another beautifully illustrated and classic story with more words than the typical babylit book.
Christmas Books to Enjoy with the Family
25. The Amazing Christmas Extravaganza: Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up on
26. Santa’s New Jet: If you have little boys- they will love this book about Santa delivering presents on a jet… until something goes wrong. 😉
27. Snowmen at Christmas: this is the cutest book about Snowmen getting together at night and the best part is- there are hidden characters on ever page- the little reader will enjoy looking for them.
28. The Santa Clause Book: I received this book as a teenager when I was starting to question the magic of the season and I absolutely loved this book that has more detail than the typical Christmas book. I was able to ask all the questions and this book had all the answers. This is an awesome book.
29. The Story of Santa Clause: This book has gorgeous illustrations and I absolutely love how each chapter has a different style of artwork! The stories in this book are beautiful and in-depth into the Santa Clause story. This is another excellent book for the family, I highly recommend.
Mommy Convos Team
[…] regularly on Sunday. Need some ideas? Mommyconvos favorite games are mentioned in these posts: here, here, and […]