Have you ever made a dinner that looked and tasted super-fancy, yet was WAY easy to make and healthy? It’s a great discovery, right? You’re in luck- this Lemon Parmesan Salmon is one of those dinners! This bright flavorful dish gives the feel of an herb-encrusted salmon without the carbs from breadcrumbs. The crusty texture is still there though and it is delightful. I can’t wait to make this again!
I adapted this recipe from Cooking Classy to make preparation a little easier and take out the carbs. Tell me I’m not the only one that changes almost every recipe you try? You cut out a step or two and/or alter it to make it a little healthier or easier? Well, here is the enhanced and ever-so DELICIOUS result: Serve with steamed broccoli or green beans cooked on the top of your rice cooker (aka best dinner pal ever) and ENJOY!
Low-Carb Lemon Parmesan Encrusted Salmon
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||13 minutes|
2 adults and 3 kiddos
- juice from 1/2 a lemon (zest first! about 1 tbsp juice)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp minced garlic Get the squeeze tube guys! You'll thank me!
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese I used an Italian herb blend in this pic, but you can use regular!
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Basil (Parsley is a good sub)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper and place them on a greased cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 400.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mayo, lemon juice and garlic. Brush 1/2 Tbsp over each fillet 'til the creamy mixture is all used up.
- Then whisk together Parmesan, lemon zest, thyme and basil. Drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil into the bowl and stir with a fork until evenly moistened. Spread Parmesan mixture evenly over tops of salmon fillets.
- Bake in preheated oven until salmon fillets have cooked through, 12 - 15 minutes.
This article contains affiliate links.
If you don’t have a zester- here’s the one we use pretty regularly at our house. If you need any extra incentive to try the squeeze tubes of herbs, check out another one of my fave EASY dinners here.
This looks fabulous! And easy!