*This post contains affiliate links
If you know me, you know I am a complete germaphobe. When traveling, I bring my own pillow case and I also bring Lysol to spray down our hotel room. My kids know how to put toilet paper and/or toilet seat covers on public toilets. They also know how to open the bathroom door with a paper towel on the handle. Kids want to touch EVERYTHING. They also put so many unnecessary things in their mouths. The worst is when the kids touch things then put their fingers in their mouth. As much as I nag and try to stop them from touching or sampling nasty things, germs are inevitable! I have tried all different sanitizer brands, scents, and shapes; but I recently discovered one that has been a major game changer for my germaphobe self.
It’s called the Birdie and it is made by the company OLIKA. This hand sanitizer is more than just cute, it is super functional! Below I will share some of my insights about this awesome product:
The Pros and Cons of the Birdie:
1. Smells amazing! Most sanitizers have a rubbing alcohol smell, but the Birdie is filled with essential oils and smells like a day spa. WIN!
2. Non-drying. Most sanitizers leave your hands feeling dried out after use, but not Birdie. It is infused with Glycerin, which helps seal in moisture instead of drying out your hands.
3. The Birdie uses all natural ingredients. I have no idea what is in most sanitizers, which is probably kind of scary, but Birdie’s main ingredient is Ethyl Alcohol, which comes from corn. Woo hoo for safe products for our cute kiddos!
4. The bottom of the birdie contains textured dry wipes (my favorite part). You can pull out a dry wipe while on the go, spray it with Birdie and BOOM, you have yourself a wet, sanitizing wipe. This feature is perfect for wiping down restaurant high chairs, shopping carts, and pretty much anything germ-y.
5. It locks (also a fave)!! I can’t even count how many times my kids have found other sanitizers and proceeded to have a shower in them. They end up dumped, spilled, or all over a child. Amazingly, the Birdie can lock. This means it is spill-proof/kid-proof! YES!!
1. Adorable. So cute, however, that my kids think it’s a toy.
2. No hook. I’ve had hand sanitizers that can hook onto my diaper bag for easy use. This one does not have a hook so the Birdie needs a special pocket in the diaper bag instead.
3. Non- refillable. At this moment, the birdie isn’t refillable, but according to the OLIKA website, there are plans to make that happen. This will make the product more functional and reusable.
My family and I go out a lot: the beach with no soap in bathrooms, parks-germs everywhere, and restaurants-germy high chairs. Not only do I have a sanitizer to keep my kiddos hands clean, but I also have the wonderful wipes to wipe down extra germy surfaces.
What do you use to keep your kiddos germ free??