Can you rent maternity clothes online? Yes, actually! I did it! How did I like it? Let’s chat. Here’s my thoughts about borrowing maternity clothing online:
First off: I’d never thought about renting maternity clothing for this brief period when nothing fits! As I write this, I am 39 weeks pregnant and I’m squeezing into my maternity jeans!!! Luckily, last month my friend recommended I try her cousin’s company and I thought, Sure, I’ll check it out.
I used My Style Maternity. I thought it was a good value, and I’m glad I tried them. A few things to keep in mind about my perspective:
- I consider myself a bargain shopper. My price point for a cute shirt: ideally $10 or less. If I love a shirt, I’ll pay more than $10 but $30 is my max. For the record, it’s rare if I spend $30.
- This is baby number four for us. Call us crazy, but we hope to have one or two more babies. So, I have accumulated some maternity clothes and hope to need them again.
My Style Maternity is “A BRAND NEW MATERNITY CLOSET EVERY MONTH— WITHOUT THE COMMITMENT”
How the maternity clothing rental works:
Whether you want something for a special night out, or you want access to larger variety of clothing to enhance your current maternity wardrobe: They have a lot to check out! Maternity clothing comes with a steep price tag and the size you bought today might not fit you tomorrow. With My Style Maternity you can switch up your look whenever you need, and shipping is always free.
Browse through their diverse selection of designer maternity clothing, choose which styles you like, and rent them for a low monthly price. They have three options for their membership: two pieces per month is $30, four items is $45, and six items is $60. You can send clothing articles back and forth up to six times. I really love that you can change anything about your membership at any time.
Now, I REALLY enjoyed having the three new articles in my wardrobe from My Style Maternity, without actually “buying” them. I didn’t have to go to the store or pay full price. I can browse for the season I need the clothes this time around and not worry about long-term. One shirt in particular was soooo nice because it fit my belly like a super-soft and comfy glove 🙂 A lot of the clothes I wear these days are two sizes larger than I normally wear and it’s not the same thing as “real” maternity wear! It feels fabulous to have your clothes fit snug around that little babe of yours!
Pros for Using My Style Maternity Rental:
- Value: It averages out to be $10 per article of clothing you rent per month- which is a good value on real maternity clothing. Shipping is included and the company takes care of washing the clothing when you’re done! Less laundry: Woo woo!
- Fast order-processing: After ordering, my clothes were on my doorstep within two days!
- Clean and great-quality clothing: Everything arrived in great condition and appears to be well-made.
- Professional, yet personal company to work with. My correspondence with them had just the right balance you expect from a company! The communication from the company was clear on how to care for the clothing while in my possession and how to ship items back when finished.
- Selection. There weren’t a ton of clothes that “called to me”. I found three items in stock that looked cute. After trying them on: the two shirts were great, but the dress was shorter than I hoped and wasn’t a fave.
- No reminder emails:
- I planned to use the clothes for a month then send them back. I got an email with the charge for the following month before I anticipated it coming. The charge was thirty days from the time I ordered, but I needed a reminder e-mail before that!
- I think it would be smart to remind members to look for new items- shipping is free to get new stuff each month. A reminder would be helpful so we find clothing we love!
- I also would like to see more communication concerning the dates My style Maternity would like their items back by too.
Concerning their limited clothing selection, their CEO volunteered this exciting info:
“We are growing faster than we thought and will be launching an indiegogo campaign in April (2017) to help us with a few items such as new inventory and some changes to our website. ” So more inventory is awesome!
Even as the company is running right now, I would definitely recommend looking on their website. If you find something you like, try their service for a month and go from there. I think you’ll be happy you did, like me! My advice is to set a reminder on your phone for when you want to return the clothing, especially if you are on a tight budget.
I’m glad I used My Style Maternity’s membership for a couple months. I loved having well-made, real maternity clothing that works right now without committing to owning it long-term. I will definitely look back at this website for the next pregnancy! Hoping they have more clothing to choose from when I return. Maybe in the future they will also have reminder e-mails? Wishful thinking? When I return for my next maternity shopping, I will make sure to remind myself of the next month’s fees. Overall, My Style Maternity made me delighted to have a few extra maternity clothing items in my closet and the price was worth it, even for a bargain-shopper like myself.
Great news: Mommy Convos readers get a free month to try them out (at four items per month) with the promo code: ONEFREEMONTH!