What baby video monitor should I get?? I get asked this question a lot! I know I heard crazy stories about baby monitors with wifi and people hacking into them, so I knew I did not want a wifi baby monitor. They work great for some families, but I did some research and decided against it. After searching around I found the VTech Safe and Sound Baby monitor. I got this baby monitor with my first, who is now five. Therefore, there is now an updated monitor with a few extra bells and whistles. With each baby, I bought another camera, which was awesome!! Below, I’ll share will you in more detail what I love and don’t love so much about the VTech Safe and Sound Baby Monitor.
1. I love the infrared night vision…aka you can see your baby in the dark (which is hopefully when babies are sleeping.)
2. Multiple viewing options. I mentioned before, I have a camera for each kid so I can push the view button and view each kid individually in their rooms or view them all at the same time.
3. The VTech Safe and Sound has different sound options. You can adjust the volume based on how much you want to hear. I usually keep mine on vibrate where I can see how loud they are being, but not necessarily hear it.
4. You can talk to your kids through the monitor. I use this feature a lot with my older kids when they are going to bed. They hear a lot of: “go to sleep” through their monitors.
5. Temperature monitor. During the summer months this is helpful on those warm nights!
1. When talking through the baby monitor, your voice is distorted a little. My older kids are used to the change, but when I try to talk to the baby through the monitor my voice usually scares her (oops).
2. Sometimes the link to the camera automatically disconnects for no particular reason. The monitor beeps at me then usually reconnects pretty quick.
3. The range for the monitor isn’t far. I’ve tried to go to the mailbox or do some chores in the yard during naps and the monitor doesn’t reach to where I am.
Overall, I am very happy with this monitor and I recommend it to others all the time. Whenever we have sitters over, I give them the monitor and they seem to like being able to check on the kids through it. I have stuck with this monitor through all three kids and continue to use today so I’d say I’ve gotten my money’s worth. The model I have is pictured above, but the newer model is below. The newer model is actually less expensive then what I originally paid. The new monitor has the same features, but looks a more fancy.
What baby monitors do you have and love below? Happy baby shopping!
*This post contains affiliate links