I loved being able to visit the 2017 St. George Area Parade of Homes. My initial plan was to tour maybe five homes? … I ended up going through 19 of them! It was too much fun! These homes are SO pleasant to be in. As a mom, most of our time revolves around our home, so I figured you guys wouldn’t mind seeing a little more dreamy home inspiration! (See my first post on the parade here).
Top 10 Reasons Moms Gotta Love the Parade Of Homes:
Number 10. The Social Factor:
All the homes are full of friendly humans you can interact with! Most are over the age of 6 and a half, which is an added bonus for a young mom like myself 😉
9. There are no sticky counters, toothpaste stuck on the sink, and the floors are free of half-eaten toddler meals!
These homes are all immaculate and I love soaking it in…
8. We can shop as we go too!
I got the cutest dress from one of the vendors in home 12! It was hanging there in the garage and it spoke to me: “Jennica: your pregnant belly will love me and my soft, stretchy fabric… I’m the perfect length too! Need I even mention the spring blue color that caught your attention? You know we’re made for each-other…” And so I listened to the dress and bought it. So glad! My only problem is that I wish I could wear it everyday.
7. We can get ideas for a kitchen or bath remodel:
6. We get inspiration to freshen up our decor.
Each parade home is different and I often find myself enjoying aspects of all the varieties. Modern, farmhouse, traditional, transitional, mid-century, cottage, woodsy… I think it’s fun to be exposed to many different styles and be a little surprised when different styles resonate with me.
5. We get to enjoy gorgeous, natural scenery:
4. We can get that “vacation feeling” while we’re out visiting.
I asked my husband if he wanted to hit up a few homes for a date night, and that’s what he kept commenting on: “I just love how it feels like I’m on vacation!” We’re exploring new spaces and imagining the fun times that will be had in these homes. I was apprehensive to have him come out with me, but he loved it and volunteered that he wants to make it a tradition to come out every year.
3. We can see floor-plans, products, and landscaping choices in a real home setting.
If you are looking at upgrading your home, you have an overload of resources right there with people that you can talk to about all the home’s elements. So helpful!!! Just remember this “real home setting” is yes, in a “real home”, but you don’t let yourself get sad to come home to a home that actually has people dwelling there. The sticky counters and clutter of laundry and toys are part of living. I enjoy the inspiration to spend more time cleaning, but it’s not realistic for our home to look a parade home very often- if ever! I don’t have a team of experts helping me.
2. Great activity for some one-on-one time.
My neighbor joined us one morning for the drive out to Santa Clara. We plopped her daughter in one of our car seats, promoted my four-year-old to a booster seat for the day, and we drive out to together. I loved being able to chat with her, and then when we got there we swapped watching the kids in the mini-van while we went through the home. We each took one of our kids with us for one of the homes for a mini-mom-daughter date. Such a fun morning!
And the number one reason moms love the Parade of Homes…
1. We can DREAM.
Sometimes it is so fun to pretend the sky’s the limit and just dream… We can take in all the ideas we’ve seen in person and dream up our own perfect dwelling place.
- Whether you live in an area that has a Parade of Homes or not, getting out and seeing homes in person (you could do your own model home tour!) is a totally fun activity for moms! Hope you found a little inspiration you can use for your own home! Thank you St. George Area Parade of Homes for a fun experience. Click here to read our other post on the 2017 Parade Of Homes.