*This Post Contains Affiliate Links
I don’t read a lot since having kids. “Ain’t nobody got time for that!” Honestly, I find it hard motivating myself to sit and read a book. Then, I can’t keep my eyes open whenever I try to read the traditional way (#momstaystired). My solution to this problem: audio books!! I use Audible by Amazon and it is amazing. I listen to books while I drive, while I run, while I get ready in the mornings or afternoon and while I clean. Lately, I have listened to some incredible books! I’ve listened to a few fiction books, but for the most part I have listened to motivational/self-help books and they left me uplifted and inspired!
My favorites are Brene Brown Books (In order of when they were written):
- I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn’t): Telling the Truth About Perfectionism, Inadequacy, and Power (2007)
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are (2010)
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead (2012)
- Rising Strong: The Reckoning, The Rumble, The Revolution (2015)
- Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone (2017)
Brene Brown is an author, storyteller, research professor, public speaker, and licensed master social worker. She specializes in discussing vulnerability, which is an uncomfortable but necessary topic. Her research and the way she is able to use her research to tell stories is amazing. I just finished her most recent: Braving the Wilderness and once again, she has spoken to my soul (I like to exaggerate, but for real!).
Today’s Motivational Monday Challenge:
Listen to an audible book or read a book (if that’s what works best for you). Read something that is going to uplift and inspire you. I believe inspiration begats inspiration and we can’t help but pass on things that help us in our lives.
Let us know what you have listened to or read that really inspired you to be a better mother and person. I am always looking to expand my library or rather, audible library. 😉
Happy Motivational Monday!