As you may know, our family recently moved to a new state (our fifth move so far…yikes). I absolutely despise moving and for some reason it takes me forever to decorate when we move into a new place. I do not pride myself in being able to decorate. My decorating dreams are always big, but I just don’t have the vision. The extent of my decorating is usually hanging pictures on the wall. This move, I have been lacking the motivation to decorate at all. With our track record, as soon as I decorate we will probably move again (I really hope not). On top of that, we are now renting instead of owning so I have been hesitant to make holes in the wall of a place we don’t own (I want that security deposit back).
One day I was scrolling through Instagram when an AD for Mixtiles popped up on my feed. It seemed too easy therefore, I had to rewatch the video multiple times. “It can’t be! Little squares with pictures that stick onto the wall.” I was initially shocked, so I did a little more research and decided I needed these in my life! Mixtiles are foam picture tiles that stick to the wall via adhesive strips. Genius right? The pros and cons are below:
1. They literally stick to the wall so it’s as easy as peel and stick.
2. You can stick and restock the tiles over and over again!
3. You order the tiles conveniently through the Mixtiles app (select pictures, pay, and get them at your door).
4. Shipping is always free!
5. No tools required (goodbye hammer and nails)!
6. Three tiles are $49 and each additional tile is $9 (for me the price is worth it for not having to worry about the hassle of printing pictures and hangin the pictures).
1. The hardest part was figuring out what order I wanted to put the pictures in. There are so many possibilities!
2. The corners of the pictures were a little bent when they arrived, but wasn’t noticeable once they were hung not the wall.
3. One picture fell down, but it’s to be expected with three little running around. It stuck right back on the wall with no problems
Overall, I am very satisfied with my Mixtiles. When guests come over I always get compliments. I am so happy my living room is not so bland anymore and it was the easiest picture hanging I have ever experienced! To download the app click here.
Share your easy decorating tips below…I need them!
*This article sponsored by Mixtiles. All thoughts and impressions are my own.*